Central Arizona College Title IX
What is Title IX?
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (gender) in educational programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance. Central Arizona College is committed to providing an environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex (gender), including sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, sexual assault, relationship (dating and domestic) violence, and stalking. Central Arizona College provides resources and reporting options to students, faculty, and staff to address concerns related to sexual harassment and sexual violence prohibited by Title IX and college policy.
Central Arizona College (CAC) is committed to eliminating sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Fall 2022 Event Schedule
- Tues, 9/13, 9am – 1030am – Safe Zone Workshop – Registration closed
- Tues, 9/13, 2pm – 3pm – Community Resource Presentation: Corazon Behavioral Health Services Learn about client experience and free referral process for CAC students – Registration closed
- Mon, 9/19 – Community Resource Presentation: Corazon Behavioral Health Services Learn about client experience and free referral process for CAC students – Registration closed
- Tues, 10/18, 9am – 10am – Community Resource: Against Abuse Inc. REGISTRATION
- Wed, 10/19, 4pm – 530pm – Safe Zone Workshop – REGISTRATION
- Thurs, 10/20, 12pm – 1pm – Community Resource: AZ Coalition to End DV & A New Leaf REGISTRATION
- Mon, 10/24, 2pm – 3pm – Situational Awareness & Safety Workshop – REGISTRATION
- Thurs, 10/27, 3pm – 4pm – Situational Awareness & Safety Workshop – REGISTRATION
- Thurs, 11/10, 3pm – 430pm – Safe Zone Workshop – REGISTRATION
- TBD – Tim Mousseau – Violence Prevention and Bystander Intervention Speaker! – Join us from 3pm – 4:30pm at Signal Peak Campus (SPC-I I401 East Meeting Room) Or connect virtually through this ZOOM LINK (TBD).
- TBD – (TBD) Conversations with Colleagues: Personal and Professional Boundaries – Video Meeting LINK (TBD)
Dear Members of Central Arizona College-
As of Monday, May 3rd, 2021 all CAC campus locations are open to the public. Services are available in-person and will continue to be offered remotely. We would like to remind members of our community that maintaining an academic program free from discrimination and violence remains a high priority. Members of the community should be aware of the following points:
The Title IX office remains open and functioning at all times. Anyone impacted by discrimination or harassment/sexual misconduct is encouraged to contact Title IX Office using one of the methods listed below to make a report or discuss their options. Investigations will be conducted either in-person or remotely, and remedies provided, to assure that any discriminatory behaviors are addressed promptly.
College policies regulate behavior that occurs between members of the campus community, but also apply to online and virtual activities. Any behavior that is prohibited by policy is also likely prohibited online, including forms of cyber-harassment, cyber-bullying, and cyber-stalking. Members of the community are expected to maintain a tone of civility and respect in online classes just as they would if they were in class physically.