Central Arizona College has signed and returned the Certification and Agreement under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act stating that this institution intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
CAC students not attending completely online programs, who were enrolled in 3 or more credit hours during Spring 2020 and meet all federal eligibility requirements received a technology grant of $350. Students who were eligible as described above may have applied for additional emergency grant funds. Approved emergency grant funds have been exhausted and reported below.
To comply with U.S. Department of Education reporting requirements regarding Section 18004(e) of the CARES ACT, Central Arizona College will publish and update the following information regarding the allocation of Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Required Data Reporting As of 12/31/2020*:
– Central Arizona College has received $1,505,255 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students as of 12/31/2020.
– Central Arizona College has expended $1,346,698 as of 12/31/2020.
– $1,118,950 was paid out via the CARES Technology Grant.
– $227,748 was paid out via the CARES Emergency Fund.
– The total number of students eligible for funding is 3,848 as of 12/31/2020.
– The total number of students who have received funding is 3,197 (CARES Technology Grant) and 651 (additional CARES Emergency Funds) as of 12/31/2020.
*This data will be updated quarterly in compliance with DOE guidelines.
Students should refer to www.centralaz.edu/CARES for additional information and guidelines regarding CARES funding and eligibility.
HEERF Quarterly Expenditure Report
HEERF Quarterly Expenditure Report 09/30/2020
HEERF Quarterly Expenditure Report 12/31/2020