Fall 2022 Move In Dates
August 17, 2022 – New Residents – Please refer to your move-in email for specific check in time.
August 18, 2022 – Returning Residents – Please refer to your move-in email for specific check in time.
Move In days will follow the schedule below. Please refer to your room assignment to determine your window of time.
Move-in is high paced and very busy for our department and staff. We ask for your cooperation and patience throughout the process. It is always best to arrive fully prepared with all the necessary documentation.
Every year, our goal is to ensure that every student arrives with the right size XL sheets on move-in day. This bedding can be tricky to find so we have made available a varied selection of custom-sized bedding that’s assured to fit and last until graduation. We also have a wide selection of extra-long comforters, extra-long mattress pads, pillows, storage solutions, extra-long thermal blankets, and anything else you may need for your new college residence hall room. If you are interested in purchasing any of the aforementioned products, click here.
Packing Do’s and Don’ts
Please make sure to check out the list of things you can bring and things you should leave home. We want to make sure you are set up in your new room and aren’t surprised when you get here!
To help our students select the right size of bedding, we have partnered with On Campus Marketing (OCM). The company has put together a special CAC webstore where you can shop for all your bedding and room essentials. To shop online visit www.centralaz.ocm.com.
- Sheets (Extra Long Twin/ 36 X 80)
- Mattress Cover/Pad
- Alarm Clock
- Telephone/Answering Machine
- TV/DVD/Video Games
- Coaxial cable for your TV
- Area Rug
- Book bag
- Surge Protector (UL rated ONLY)
- Iron/ Ironing Board
- Personal Care Items and Clothes
- Shower Shoes
- Pictures and Posters
- Desk Supplies
- Bowl, Cup, Plate, & Utensils
- Laundry Supplies
- Address Book, Paper, Stamps
In addition, here is a list of items that are considered health and safety hazards and as such you are NOT allowed to have, so please DO NOT BRING these:
- Mini Refrigerators and Microwaves (A MicroFridge unit is provided by the College in each student room)
- George Foreman/BBQ/Hibachi Grills (or grills of any other kind)
- Toasters/Toaster Ovens
- Hot Plates
- Halogen Lamps
- Lava Lamps
- Black Lights
- Stringed-type lights (i.e. Christmas lights)
- Pets (except fish-tank in no larger than 10-gallon tanks)
- Drugs (other than your prescriptions) or any drug paraphernalia
- Alcohol (or empty alcohol bottles)
- Weapons (fireworks, firecrackers, BB guns, paint guns, etc)
Mandatory New Resident Orientation to Residence Life
All New Residents are required to complete a mandatory online orientation to Residence Life. A link will appear on as a next step once you have completed the Housing Application. To complete the orientation you will need to have access to the internet, and a web browser. Upon completion of the Orientation, you will need to complete a short knowledge quiz.
Each RA host mandatory community meetings. Every resident is required to attend their community meeting. A schedule will be posted as we move closer to move-in day.