Guidelines: Promise for the Future Scholarship Educational Initiative
The Central Arizona College Foundation is dedicated to increasing resources, raising funds, and creating friends and partnerships to support the mission
of Central Arizona College. The Foundation Board of Directors oversees the Promise for the Future Scholarship Educational Initiative specifically designed
to encourage students from Pinal County to stay in high school.
Pinal County students must submit the online Promise Pledge form in their 8th-grade year.
Eligibility requirements for students:
1) live in Pinal County and
2) graduate from a Pinal County public or charter high school
3) with a 2.75 or higher cumulative grade point average and
4) complete 20 hours of community service prior to high school graduation
Students must submit documentation of community service hours to the Promise office prior to high school graduation.
1) CAC will provide tuition-free education
2) There are no credit restrictions per four consecutive semesters
3) The Promise for the Future Educational Initiative provides funding for any tuition need that has not been met.
Promise for the Future tuition funds will be applied after all other financial aid has been applied to the
individual student account (excluding student loans).
1) Students must comply with the Eligibility, Receive, and Renew Requirements each semester in order to receive the tuition award.
2) Students may attend any campus of the Central Arizona College system
3) Students must keep the Promise Pledge form updated to ensure receipt of correspondence from CAC or the Foundation.
Failure to update information could result in the student’s ineligibility for the Promise for the Future tuition award
because the student could not be contacted.
*Community service criteria began with students signing the Contract of Commitment in spring 2014 and
enrolling in the fall of 2018.